+
a man a part

Saturday, July 29, 2006

review

miami vice:

i dug it.

here's the deal. i liked this movie, much like i liked collateral. collateral was pretty simple. hit man enters taxi, driver drives him around, reluctantly to all of his hits, halairity ensues. except for the halairity part, that's it. MV isn't simple. there is sparse dialog, only saying what needs to be said, the audience isn't always totally sure of what is going on. at times i was lost as to what or who was behind what was happening. but i liked it. it felt like an adult movie that didn't water down what was happening so that the audience could understand it.

i don't run drugs, or get in gun fights, but i felt like this movie was pretty realistic. there was only two scene with gunfire, and there were no extra bodies laying around of people that you didn't have some sort of idea who they are. the gun fire & fights felt real--it wasn't glamourized at all.

so it was an enjoyable experience. i don't know what real critics are saying, but i liked it.


Posted by jack. | | Email post



Remember Me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.


« Home | success full success » //-->





you liked a movie that had colin farell in it? really? well, i guess stranger things have happened.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

I'm not sure what to think. I hate ol' Collin but I could give it a shot. I really want to see the other Farrel's movie.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Reub, DON'T watch ALEXANDER. SO TERRIBLE!!!!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Jack. I read your blog semi-sporadically, and so I always find that I want to comment on previous days' posts, and rarely the current day's. If I were to comment on yesterday's post and say something along the lines of

I think when you said "I didn't like it, but I understood" about the reason your cell phone alarm was ringing, it was my favorite reading-someone's-blog moment of the month.

and post that comment, would you ever read it? Do you back-read comments? Does anyone in this workaday world? Sorry I have no opinion about Miami Vice.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Uh, not sure how all that funkyness got up there, but the post-er was me. Adam. My name's Adam. Adam Smit.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

adam, yes i do read back comments. so it's fine if you put the on the old post, or on the new, i'm not raeshical like that.

hope you are well. i feel like we never talk anymore.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

what! you don't run drugs?! i think i may need to get used to this.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Post a comment :

 


 © Blogger Templates 2005 for Blogger