+
a man a part

Monday, July 24, 2006

blog infrigement?

i guess this is late...but i was just thinking about r-e-u-b and his blog troubles, and that reminded me of j-o-e-l and his blog troubles. does anyone else worry about blog troubles with work or otherwise?

i don't really. i guess, i'm not in a very public job--so people don't really care if i blog about work a little. i mean i do on occasion sign things that say i can't talk about specifics, like clients names etc, so i don't.

has anyone else felt pressure about their blog? or just nervous about it?


Posted by jack. | | Email post



Remember Me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.


« Home | hi-king » //-->





Yes, I'm a little nervous about it. But I googled myself and my blog didn't come up, so I feel okay. Although I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find if one really wanted to. I've tried, throughout my blogging, not to mention my whole name, and to censor my posts a little. It's unfortunate, but the truth about life is that if you hold a job like teacher or pastor, you are scrutinized a little more by the public. And I also think that an organization like a church or school has to be careful to keep it's constitutants in mind. I'm not saying that teachers and pastors don't have the rights to free speach or press, but that since they hold positions of influence, they should be careful how they use that influence. Um, that's it.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

i think it is utterly rediculous to have a blog and not assume that everyone you know can and will have access to it. blogs, by their nature, are public journals. treat them as such and you wont get burned. if you want to rant about your job, life, or anything else, keep it on paper--or at least password protect it if you have to put it online.
i dont really have any sympathy for people who have had their blogs come back and bite them.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

uh....ya...all the time....

Can't always say everything...especially names of the kids and such.

isn't nature awesome.

I love hiking

ian

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Wow...pretty harsh Reub. Do you have sympathy for anyone? You seem to be extremely critical of everything. You always seem to speak/write as if you've never made a mistake in your life and everyone who ever has is a complete idiot. Have you ever learned to speak the truth IN LOVE?

I'm not really worried about my blog anymore. Actually I guess I wasn't before either. I just figured if someone didn't like what I wrote that was ok. But in transitioning from college to the professional world I've realized that it's better not to vent online. I didn't think my rantings were inappropriate before but now I just stick to facts without commentary which kind of sucks but at least I can still blog.

Jack: sorry for the delay. My email is reubensinnema@hotmail.com

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

I'm terrible about it. I am very truthful in my blog, but to the point I can't always handle the truth being read. I had to totally lie to get Bryce out of a job situation which I created with MY blog. Woops!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

reuben--yes, i have sympathy for many things and ive screwed up enough to know that im not perfect. however, i am critical of everything and i tend to speak loudest when i disagree. its just that this topic of blogs and life colliding seems so silly to me. the internet is a public forum.
while you may be a bit sensitve about this topic at the moment, i didnt mean to offend.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Reub...You're right, I'm a bit sensitive about this right now...Oh the blog police. But as harsh as it sounded your last post contained good advice anyway. The matter is kind of dumb. It's just so hard when you're in college and you can say anything you want anywhere you want. Then you get a job and you have to shut your mouth about a lot of things. I now choose venting over the phone or like you said, on paper.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

i've been burned by someone's blog...made me none too happy. i agree fully with reub vk--blogs are public, whether you mean for the world to read it or not.

the biggest thing isn't that someone thinks i'm an asshole...so be it. what pisses me off is that others who don't know me well will base their impressions of me on some jerk's warped view of reality.

of course, by "warped" view, i mean "not mine"...

and maybe i shouldn't care what people i don't know well and read other's blogs think of me.

but i do.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Post a comment :

 


 © Blogger Templates 2005 for Blogger