+
a man a part

Monday, October 16, 2006

handwriting

i've been obsessed, slightly, with handwriting for quite some time. when i label stuff at work, it looks unprofessional to me because it's in my handwriting. when amy does it, it looks the way it supposed to.

sometime during college i switched to doing all capital letters when writing with my hands and a pen. i also switched to using all small letters when typing. that may have started during highschool. one day i was sitting next to brielle, it was either in art history or psychology, and she asked me why and i said so i could read it mostly, and she said, yea, that's why i do it too. i felt like we had a bit of a moment there, a commonality that you don't always get when you take psychology and art history together.

last night as a part of one.org we gathered, called possible representatives, and talked about aids and extreme poverty in africa. it was a good thing to do, although the whole experience made me uncomfortable. at first i really didn't want to call, but i did and left a message. i'm not sure why things like this make me uncomfortable, i think it's the whole politics thing. while an auroa of argument seemed to be brewing we left, in hopes of avoiding the fray.

on the way home i decided this, I care deeply about fair trade, and i want my representative to know that as a part of his or her constituency, that fair trade is something that i care about. what annoys me is when people see a solution to the problem of say, extreme poverty and then vote soley on that issue. i'm not saying that extreme poverty isn't something that you should care about, but what i'm saying is that you shouldn't paint the solution into a box, and that box contains only one candidate. i say vote for smart people that you feel would be able to solve this problem. it may not be the solution that you thought should be implemented, but if they are smart i bet they'll consider all the options--possibly even some that you wouldn't have thought up. the benifit to voting for smart people is that they may also solve problems that you couldn't have even considered when you voted.

my computers about to be hijacked, so i stop writing.


Posted by jack. | | Email post



Remember Me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.


« Home | three questions » //-->





I can't read my own cursive. I experimented with one of my classes and i took notes slower because I can't write cursive fast. I also could not read the notes i took in cursive well. I think we just need to stick to what suits us best even if it is the 'right' way of doing it!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

i can't write fast, even if my life depended on it. i miss classes with you. i'm drownding my sorrows right now by listening to snow patrol extremely loud.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

i don't even know how to write in cursive. i mean, i remember learning it in second grade, but i don't remember forgetting it in between then and now. i'm also fascinated by handwriting, though. if you'd look back through all my high school and grade school notebooks you'd find my name written over and over in a thousand different ways. i was preparing for my future life as an NBA basketball star.....................

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

i did that too ross, wrote my name on everything. i perfected the signature that i use now in high school chemistry.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

i figured out how to make my signature cool: i stopped trying to write the letters. i just make squiggles.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

i mix cursive and non-cursive (what is that called anyway?). i'm not sure when that started either...and i can't make myself choose one or the other anymore...i'm not even sure i know how.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

It's called block.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

I perfected my signature in high school biology. good times.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

I remember that Chemistry class. Didn't Mr. Kamp actually ask whos name it actually was? or how you came up with it. The good ole flower signature

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

yea, he figured if he couldn't read it, it was mine.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Post a comment :

 


 © Blogger Templates 2005 for Blogger