+
a man a part

Saturday, June 25, 2005

well, i'll be


rumor has it i can just attach pictures through blogger now. what a deal. no more third party ness for me. wooohooo!

so this picture is from last weekend when i was in strawberry point. im the one on the right and jasmine is the one on the left. (in case you were having trouble)

i've had a slow coupla days lately. i'm resting up for next week, that's what i tell me self. and it works. next week is the crazy busy week. here's what's going on: filming dordt discovery days video. editing dordt discovery days video by friday. filming jubilee events wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday. two plays, and many other live events. how exciting!

i'm not really fan of live events, they require so much prethought, and good execution. it's not that i don't like to do goo execution, but it's hard for me. i like to be able to go back and do it again, or re-edit. but it will be good for me to do.

so i watched the last half of this year's west wing season over the past few days. it was about 9 episodes i guess. i missed a few because my family accidently erased them. i really enjoyed it. i'm quite impressed ingeneral of the camera work in the west wing. it's very non-traditional for a tv series. lots of fluid camera work. lots of dolly shots. lots of planning. not a lot of shot reverse shot. in fact they used that in the second or third to last episode, quite a bit, and i noticed....i wasn't used to it in the west wing. i was also impressed and glad that for the final episode at the democratic convention they decided to use a more documentary feel. they did a lot of snap zooms and it felt like we were just getting all the information right now....behind the scenes almost, it was a very good choice.

did they win an emmy this year? i don't pay attention to those tv awards. what a snob.

i watched "He loves me, He love me Not" last night. it was really good. it had audrey tatou (sp?) in it. she is amazing. very good actress, and very cute. and even though she can play the innocent very well, she does play crazy pretty good too. maybe there is a connection.

it's a french film. and i usually have this thing against sub-titles, because i read slow (i think), but it wasn't bad in this film. i think french film is easier to watch than other foriegn film--because it is more visual--from my experience.

to my cousin jon: i'd rather watch a movie in the theatre. better sound, better picture usually, and a big audience usually makes a movie better. there are instances where an audience can be annoying or a bad picture (orange city? anyone?), but the theatre experience out weighs those things for me. but i am very partial to watching movie on my tv. not anyone elses. with my component input and my surround sound. it makes going to someone elses for a movie a lot harder.

i'm enjoying a saturday at home. no traveling or working, just watching some good television and sleeping in late.


Posted by jack. | | Email post



Remember Me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.


« Home | shannon-and-bryce » //-->





Hey Jackie,
well, I really don't want to be a downer on your blog or anything, but Last year Khara and I watched He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not and it was so bad that we were writhing and close to wretching on the floor. I think I may have been screaming into a pillow at one point(when she sends him that present?) but I have been known to hate french movies...
-b

Posted by Blogger nokomis #  

~Oo°~

...and that picture of you and Jasmine is great, I love you guys

Posted by Blogger nokomis #  

~Oo°~

did you watch the whole thing? because if you just watch the first half, i could see you not enjoying it...but the second have made it good.

Posted by Blogger jack. #  

~Oo°~

yes. in fact, i did watch the ending.

Posted by Blogger nokomis #  

~Oo°~

and now it's gone?

Posted by Blogger jack. #  

~Oo°~

and there is my lazy eye.

b loves us!! wow.

Posted by Blogger me #  

~Oo°~

Post a comment :

 


 © Blogger Templates 2005 for Blogger