+
a man a part

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

last temptation

So, today was the day of my critique for my film. It went well. I felt like i improved quite a bit from my last film. Although, i will admit, that i didn't work extremely hard on my last film--it was the quintessential run and gun. I spent more time on this film, and i also like it a lot better. What i like more about this one is that in general it looks better, the story is a little more accessible, and a feel like the end product is very close to the idea/vision i had for it initially. So, that being said, i like this one better than the last, and i'm really quite happy with how it turned out.

Similarly, i guess i'm decent at doing the whole photography thing. my film was quite visually interesting, and i've been doing a lot of dp (director of photography) for other people. i realize that i've written about this before, but i was reminded of it again today, when people in my class really liked my photography. i can't really justify having someone else do my camera work, because i think i might be way to, "no, do it this way" kinda thing.

in other news, we watched The Last Temptation of Christ this evening for Faith Film and Culture. and, you know what? i really liked it. it was great. i feel like it was what the passion wasn't, which was artful. i may be generalizing the passion a little in my head because i saw it about a year ago, and i watched temptation tonight, but i feel like temptation was more allusive and more about what it would have been like to be fully God and fully man, a very interesting and complicated senario. i in general found the plot/premise for temptation more interesting. i supose that is why i liked it more. part of me probably likes liking temptation because so many people didn't like it in the late 80s.

My internship is changing a little. We are finishing the short, and ryan, is doing some more freelance editing work, which means that i'll be going to justin's more often, and it means that the work that i'll be doing won't be the short film work, but rather more get the business going type things. even though my the work is changing, i really like the way they are going about it. they are including me in a lot of stuff, which is really great as far as experience goes, and they are willing to let me sit and read about writing--because i want to learn to write well. so today i bought Steven King-On Writing and The Elements of Style. i found both of them at used book stores. it was grand. i also bought another copy of The Confessions by Augustine, and The problem of Pain by CS Lewis. i'm hoping that i'll find time to read some more in general. less tv more books i say!

i'm toying with the idea of doing a comedy for my last movie. a lot of the stuff i've done in general is really serious and heavy, i'd like to make a short character movie that is really funny. i guess i'll see what i come up with.


Posted by jack. | | Email post



Remember Me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.


« Home | blogstar » //-->





hey cuz in LA....

i thought you would appreciate this little film....

http://abfhm.free.fr/basket.htm

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Post a comment :

 


 © Blogger Templates 2005 for Blogger