+
a man a part

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Mosaic

Today I went to a church called Mosaic. I liked it. It was the same church that I went to last week. Here's the deal though. The Message this morning was about how we need to be Christian barbarians. Like how when a new christian believes, they don't know all the rules and whatknot, so they are like barbarians. And lots of christians who have been around for a while, are sort of domesticated. Not barbarians. He was encouraging us to be barbarians. The thing that kept bothering me was how at the end of the message he kept saying God needs to attack your soul. Your soul needs to be attacked by God. You need a Barbarian soul. I'm not sure i buy into the whole having a soul thing. I think, if you look at the Bible, and how the word soul is used, it's more likely to mean life, rather than something you have. so, my soul, is my life. With that distinction in mind, i think the whole barbarian metaphor thing works, but not as cleanly. I don't think he was saying that we should be barbaric in action. I guess i get really confused when i start to put what i think soul is in for the metaphor. i agree that we shouldn't be complacent in our faith, and we shouldn't be so domesticated, but there is something about being subtle. there is something about doing things the way they ought to be done and people will notice. there is something about not being barbaric.

I start my internship tomorrow. I'm excited. i've now had all my classes. it's good stuff.

Grandma and Grandpa, What where the rules about movies and watching etc, when you were growing up?

what was the first movie you saw?

what do you think of movies now? would you say you Avoid, Caution, Dialogue, Appropriate, or Divine experience. these are all words from a book we are reading, the ones that need explaination are, Appropriation, meaning you can see truth in all movies. Divine experience means that you see every movie as a divine experience, a time where God talks to you. Dialog means that you enter into a dialog with the movie, where it came from, where the people who made it are, and then examine it.

I'm supposed to find out what my family history is with movies. So I'd like mom and pop to answer these too. you can email me.

thanks!


Posted by jack. | | Email post



Remember Me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.


« Home | thursday » //-->





Really does not pertain to your post that much but heard ya finally met my cousin. One guess who this is. Keep up the good work man sounds like you are having fun out there. Keep thinking of us back in the frozen midwest as you are getting sun on those beaches.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

when do you visit chavez ravine???

kcCousin

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Post a comment :

 


 © Blogger Templates 2005 for Blogger