+
a man a part

Monday, December 27, 2004

Manic Monday!

Today has been anything but manic. In fact, it is the first day of the past three that I am not going to go to church. I'm sure many of us did a lot of church going this weekend. I can't say that I didn't like it. It's kinda fun to spend a lot of time with a church family. It doesn't happen three days in a row like it did this weekend. Onto the news. I made profession of faith in Covenant Christian Reformed Church yesterday. It was good. I really like Covenant. Probably because i grew up there, and almost literally everyone knows my name. It's nice to be in a place that is comfortable and supportive. Jim Schaap was one of the elders that interviewed me, so he gave me the new Bible after the profession/confession and he made a crack about finding a verse about going to babylon. a good laugh ensued. Much of my church although, didn't know i was going to LA, "so soon" many of them said. So i had lots of questions to answer while shaking many hands after the service.

Christmas for me was at home with my family. We had a good time. Lots of gifts, which i think is my favorite part. I know i know...it's not about the Gifts, but it is for me. Christ was a gift. it was the best thought out gift we could get. the giving of gifts is such an amazing interesting hard thing to do, i like it when i get and give stuff that people really need/want/fit into. The evening was spent with the Van Wyks. their family is getting bigger, people are marrying and dating. they grew by two this year. Good additions. we played Court Whist, which is this multi table, different rules each hand card game. Really it is something to get everyone to talk and move around. Well, i tell you what, we laughed, and laughed and laughed. There was a lot of funny stuff going on. From Jake's hand motions to My father winning, all the time. It was a really good evening. Yesterday, sunday, grandma and grandpa maatman, and my aunt becky came over. we talked and ate and talked and ate. it was nice. in the evening Becky and Mom and Nicki and I watched Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. I've seen both before, but i hadn't seen Sunset since the theatre, and i had not watched them back to back. These are two movies directed and written by Richard Linklater, and starring Julie Deply and Ethan Hawke. The first movie takes place in 1994 where they meet on a train and then walk around vienna for an evening. the second takes place 9 years later, where they meet in paris and walk around for an afternoon. I really enjoy these movies. I like the dialog, they way it seems so natural, so i guess the acting, and i really like all the stedicam work in the second film--Sunset. it's amazing. We watched the one special feature on the dvd, and it looked like a great set to work on. It looked like this crazy fast moving set. Not like, super chaotic, but the whole set was moving so much of the time, because they are walking through paris, so it looked really interesting to witness and/or be a part of.

Today. I don't really have any plans. My family does. We are celebrating christmas with my Dad's side of the family, at my grandparents house. i thought it was during the day, but it seems that people have to work at jobs, so we are getting together late afternoon early evening. I am working on finding a few festivals to submit my film to, i'm rather intimidated about that. it's weird to think that i could, possibly get totally rejected or accepted. i don't know which would be better. We have found on in Iowa, so that ought to be a good one to submit to.

Lastly, my parents bought me a digital camera for christmas, so there may be pictures up on this blog someday. how about that?


Posted by jack. | | Email post



Remember Me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.


« Home | christmas » //-->





Hey Jack - good to hear that your P of F was a good experience. Sorry we had to miss it. I like this blog idea - you're somehow less intimidating than you were in class this semester. sbl

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

who me? seriously?

c'mon.

Posted by Blogger jack. #  

~Oo°~

Post a comment :

 


 © Blogger Templates 2005 for Blogger